Sunday, October 7, 2007

21st Birthday

Given the chance to write a blog about anything this week, I wanted to write about something especially special that happened for me this weekend. I turned 21.

Friday was absolute and utter madness. Downtown Clemson was filled with alumni and students alike, and there was no way I could prepare for the night my friends had in store for me. As soon as I walk in to 356 for the first time as a 21 year old I was greeted not with happy birthday wishes...but greeted with shots. I suppose that is the happy birthday wish for a new 21 year old...the alcohol which welcomes them into American adulthood and beverage legality. Needless to say the 35 or so of my friends that showed up throughout the night had a hay day ensuring that it would be a night for me to remember...or not.

Growing up I only had two real birthday parties. Real exciting right? Well, that is okay with me because I think it made this birthday stand out even more. Not only was I given a plethora of drinks without ever spending a dime, but I also was given two cakes (one cookie cake and one yellow cake...my favorites). I will be getting fat on those for the rest of the week, and I assure you that I will thoroughly enjoy it.

I think the only thing funnier than the pictures I have seen from the night is the fact that Bob was unable to recover the day after my birthday, and I, who was definitely in rare form that night, woke up feeling wonderful, completely lacking a hangover.

Perhaps this is not the most professional of topics, but I thought someone might enjoy it. I wish I could turn 21 all over again next year.

No comments: