Sunday, October 21, 2007

Chicago

Last week I went to Chicago with architecture. It was kind of a combo trip in that it was half supposed to be for school and half supposed to be for fun.

It started off rocky, though, because they cancelled our flight that was supposed to take off at 7:30 AM. They didn't have any other flights to put us on until 2:30 PM. So, we were at the airport too many hours early and had no choice but to wait there all day. We convinced them to put us on standby on a 1:00 PM flight. Luckily, the last two seats on the plane were still available, so we got to leave a little early.

However, once we got there it was tons of fun. I ate LOTS of pizza. There was this one place that made pizza pot pie. It was one of the most delicious things I've ever had. Part of the trip was spent doing tours of the notable architecture around (Unity Temple, IIT, Frank Lloyd Wright's home/studio, etc.). The other part of the trip was like being a kid again. I went to Navy Pier and rode the ferris wheel, went to see Transformers in IMAX, and went to the zoo, the aquarium, and the natural history museum. One of the coolest things I did was get cocktails on the 96th floor of the John Hancock tower.

Overall, I had a great time. To be honest, though, I like New York a little better than Chicago. I didn't like that Chicago was such a cab city. Other than that though, it was awesome.

No comments: