Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Particulars of Kyle

Hello, my name is Kyle. I am a senior majoring in architecture and minoring in business administration. I was born in Anderson, SC. Yes, I did not go far from home to go to college. Although I was looking at many other schools, I could not afford to go out of state. Plus, I was too lazy to fill out many applications. College has taught me much involving work ethics, however. While still lazy, it is only when I really have time to be lazy that it comes in effect. I have become extremely interested with architecture and the theories/practices behind design in general. I have always been an ambitious person who is eager to succeed in everything I do. Architecture is no exception. I am striving to be a famous architect one day. It may never happen, but I am not going to give up on that possibly irrational thought until I have been kicked so far down I can never get back up. Hopefully, that will never happen. I just want to make something (a building, a sculpture, a lamp) that is studied. If that does not happen, I plan to give back by teaching and writing. As I wrote earlier, I am extremely interested in design theory. I believe in furthering the discipline of design through experiments with aesthetics, materials, and rash change. If I become even a tiny bit successful, it would be insane not to write a book about it. How can anyone expand an idea without collaborating with others? In order to jump on this "train of success" I plan on graduating in May, moving to a big city (New York, Boston, San Francisco, etc.) and working for about two years while I mature personally and professionally, and then going to Graduate School for a Masters in Architecture. I plan on attending an Ivy League School such as MIT, Penn, Yale, or Columbia. Right now, however, I am working hard at school while still enjoying my life as a college student. I love Clemson and have many friends here. Growing up will be scary, but I'm to the point where I have to be ready for it, or, at least, pretend I am.

No comments: